This coming Sunday we will hold an informal Zoom Worship Service in the style of of Sunday Xtra, which will be hosted by Mark Allison and Henriette Howarth. The focus will be on connecting with one another, with time for prayer and worship, so please join us, even if you don’t usually attend our Sunday Xtra services. It would be lovely to see some of our church families with children too. The theme of this service is ‘unexpected blessings’ as we look at the story of Jesus being blessed by the elderly Simeon and Anna in the temple (Luke 2: 21-40). Please get in touch if you would like details of how to join the service. A reflection, by Henriette Howarth, on the Feast of Candlemas is available to view / download.
There won’t be an online service on our YouTube channel this Sunday, but please explore the online services of other local churches such as Bradford Cathedral and the Parish of Girlington, Heaton and Manningham. The Church of England also broadcasts online services from their website and YouTube every week. If you are without the internet, you can also tune into Songs of Praise on BBC1 and Sunday Worship on BBC Radio 4.
Update on Building Closure
On the 10th of January, it was decided to close the church building for the month of January because of the lockdown restrictions and in order to comply with the government’s urgent request for people to stay at home. The Standing Committee has now reviewed this decision. We have decided to continue to keep our church building closed for the month of February and to review this in the week of 22nd February.
Let’s acknowledge once again that this is a very difficult and painful decision, but it is the best way to support one another, the NHS and public health. This is especially difficult for those who are not able to access online services. We aim to send out resources, like Church News and prayer sheets, to everyone. Let’s continue to reach out to and support one another. A quick phone call or a postcard doesn’t take much time and can give people much comfort. The PCC has also decided that funerals can take place at St Paul’s Church, even during this period of lockdown.
The Lord bless you
and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine on you
and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you
and give you peace.
Children & Young People’s Resources
- Worship at Home – A national Church of England resource designed to help families have a short time of worship as a household at home. Click here to find out more.
- Light at Home – Weekly sheets by the Diocese of Leeds to support families at home. Each sheet has a bible story, prayers, something to do together and a challenge. Click here to access these sheets.
- Weekly@ January-April 2021: Weekly lectionary-based children’s resources aimed at 5-11 year olds. Each session includes a theme, Bible story, game, craft activity, songs and a reflection. These resources can be printed out and used at home on a weekly basis by those who wish to do so. Click here to view/download.
Other Worship Resources
- Diocese of Leeds with a list of churches who live stream services: https://www.leeds.anglican.org/covid-19/live-streaming
- Church of England weekly online services: https://www.churchofengland.org/
- Learning to Pray (Church of England): https://www.churchofengland.org/prayer-and-worship/learning-pray
- Sacred Space for online daily prayer: https://www.sacredspace.ie/
- Worship in and with Creation – Resources for Outdoor Worship
- BBC Radio 4 Sunday Worship
- Songs of Praise (BBC1)