Throughout August, we will be holding a Worship Service with Holy Communion at 10.30am in the church building every Sunday morning. These services will also be live-streamed via our YouTube channel for you to either watch live or catch up on later at a time of your choosing.
- Sunday 1st August
Our service this Sunday will include the readings Ephesians 4:1-16 and John 6:24-35, with Diane Greenwood preaching.
- Sunday 8th August
At today’s service our readings will be Ephesians 4:25-5:2 and John 6:35 & 41-51, with Chris Clough preaching.
- Sunday 15th August
Today our readings include Galatians 4:4-7 and Luke 1:46-55, with John Butler preaching.
- Sunday 22nd August
Today, we welcome Bishop Chris Edmondson to St Paul’s Church. Chris will be presiding and preaching at today’s service.
- Sunday 29th August
Our service today includes the readings James 1:17-27 and Mark 7:1-8, 14-15 & 21-23, with John Butler preaching.
Wednesday Holy Communion
Our shorter Wednesday morning Holy Communion services will continue to be held at 10am every Wednesday throughout the summer holidays.
Places no longer need to be booked at our services, so you are very welcome to just come along and join us. Following the Government’s move to Step 4 in the ‘Roadmap out of Lockdown’, we have updated our COVID guidance at St Paul’s, which you can read here. A number of these changes have now been implemented, so please read the guidance so that you know what to expect in church.
A Summer Prayer
who breathed this world into being,
who is discernible within
the harmony of nature,
the perfection of a butterfly’s wing,
the grandeur of a mountain range,
the soaring eagle and humming bird,
thank you for this world
which you have created.
Thank you for summer sun,
which reminds us
that your creative breath
is still alive and active.
Thank you for the warmth of your love,
sustaining this world,
John Birch @ faithandworship.com
Children & Young People’s Resources
- Worship at Home – A national Church of England resource designed to help families have a short time of worship as a household at home. Click here to find out more.
- Light at Home – Weekly sheets by the Diocese of Leeds to support families at home. Each sheet has a bible story, prayers, something to do together and a challenge. Click here to access these sheets.
- Weekly@ Summer: We’re all in this Together – Weekly lectionary-based children’s resources aimed at 5-11 year olds. Each session includes a theme, Bible story, game, craft activity, songs and a reflection. These resources can be printed out and used at home on a weekly basis by those who wish to do so. Click here to view/download.
- Outdoor / Indoor Summer Challenge – How many challenges can you tick off? Click here to view/download.
- Summertime: 31 Ways to Grow Closer to God as a Family – Part of the Light at Home series by the Diocese of Leeds. Click here to view/download.
- 30 Day Dough Church Challenge / 30 Day Lego Bible Challenge – Click here to view/download.
Other Worship Resources
- Church of England weekly online services: https://www.churchofengland.org/
- Diocese of Leeds with a list of churches who live stream services: https://www.leeds.anglican.org/covid-19/live-streaming
- Bradford Cathedral live streamed services: https://www.bradfordcathedral.org/
- Learning to Pray (Church of England): https://www.churchofengland.org/prayer-and-worship/learning-pray
- Sacred Space for online daily prayer: https://www.sacredspace.ie/
- Worship in and with Creation – Resources for Outdoor Worship
- BBC Radio 4 Sunday Worship
- Songs of Praise (BBC1)