Courses & Training
We regularly run courses and host training events at St Paul’s. Please check back regularly to make sure that you don’t miss anything!
Pilgrim Course: A Course for the Christian Journey
St Paul’s Church is pleased to announce that it will shortly be running the first module of Pilgrim: A Course for the Christian Journey – ‘Turning to Christ’. This module comprises six sessions and explores the heart of Christian belief through the six questions asked at baptism:
- Do you turn to Christ?
- Do you believe and trust in God the Father?
- Do you believe in his Son Jesus Christ?
- Do you believe in the Holy Spirit?
- Do you repent of your sins?
- Do you renounce evil?
Pilgrim is a major teaching and discipleship resource from the Church of England, which aims to create a place where people can explore the Christian faith together and see how it can be lived out each day. Join a group of fellow travellers to contemplate and discuss the great issues of faith in a relaxed, friendly and welcoming environment.
Pilgrim is aimed at:
- Those who want the chance to think about the Christian faith
- Those who have recently started coming to church
- Those preparing for baptism or confirmation
- Those who have been Christians for many years and want to visit the roots of their faith again
The course will run on Thursday mornings from 10-11.30am at St Paul’s Church in Shipley for six weeks commencing Thursday 6th June 2019.
For more information or to book your place, please contact the Church Administrator.
Please visit www.pilgrimcourse.org for more detailed information about Pilgrim and how this first module fits in to the overall course.