This Sunday, to mark the second Sunday in Lent, we will have a short worship service with Holy Communion on Zoom at 10.30am. Come along and connect with others! We will celebrate a simple Holy Communion together, so please bring some bread and wine/juice/fruit to participate. The theme of our Zoom service will be ‘Creating’ and the readings will be Exodus 36: 1-6 and Mark 6: 30-44. The service booklet, which can be used in conjunction with this service, is available to view/download here. For details of how to join, please get in touch via the Contact Us page.
In the evening there will be a Taize service on our YouTube channel at 6pm. This gives you the chance to reflect and pray.
On the theme of creativity, we read in the Bible that God anointed people with the Holy Spirit to be creative in writing, poetry, music, craft, art, cooking, gardening and much more! Members of our congregation are encouraging and inspiring one another to share examples of their creativity. This week, we have a beautiful painting of the canal in Saltaire by Aden Ashworth.
I have done a lot of painting in lockdown; it keeps me busy. Finishing a painting makes me feel like I have achieved something. Sometimes, I can’t paint when I struggle with depression, tiredness or self-doubt. I think God has given me the talent for painting. This is the canal in Saltaire, where I often go walking.
Loving God, You have created us to co-create with You,
colour, form and function flourishing free;
help us to express that divine spark within us
celebrating together with thankful hearts the array of skills and talents that enliven our world;
through the arts quicken our hearts and bring us closer to the knowledge of Your transcendent beauty
through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Children & Young People’s Resources
- Worship at Home – A national Church of England resource designed to help families have a short time of worship as a household at home. Click here to find out more.
- Light at Home – Weekly sheets by the Diocese of Leeds to support families at home. Each sheet has a bible story, prayers, something to do together and a challenge. Click here to access these sheets.
- Weekly@ January-April 2021: Weekly lectionary-based children’s resources aimed at 5-11 year olds. Each session includes a theme, Bible story, game, craft activity, songs and a reflection. These resources can be printed out and used at home on a weekly basis by those who wish to do so. Click here to view/download.
- #LiveLent God’s Story Our Story – Family Activities. Click here to view/download.
Other Worship Resources
- Diocese of Leeds with a list of churches who live stream services: https://www.leeds.anglican.org/covid-19/live-streaming
- Church of England weekly online services: https://www.churchofengland.org/
- Learning to Pray (Church of England): https://www.churchofengland.org/prayer-and-worship/learning-pray
- Sacred Space for online daily prayer: https://www.sacredspace.ie/
- Worship in and with Creation – Resources for Outdoor Worship
- BBC Radio 4 Sunday Worship
- Songs of Praise (BBC1)