The theme for today’s 10.30am Worship Service with Holy Communion in church is ‘commitment’. Susan Wood, a member of our congregation, will be commissioned as Pastoral Lay Minister. She is in the process of completing the training for this role with the Diocese of Leeds and is excited about the pastoral work that she will be involved in. Parts of this service will be recorded and made into an online video, which will be available to view on our YouTube channel from around 4pm on Sunday afternoon. The service sheet, which can be used in conjunction with this service, is available to view/download here. Sunday Xtra also follows a service sheet this week, and is available to view / download here.
You might also like to tune into Songs of Praise this Sunday at 1.15pm on BBC1 which features Claire McCollum exploring Saltaire. This Sunday’s Church of England online digital service will be broadcast from the Diocese of Leeds and features the Bishop of Ripon, the Rt Revd Dr Helen-Ann Hartley, and members of St John’s Church in Sharrow. This will be available to view from 9am this Sunday on the Church of England’s website, Facebook page and YouTube channel.
Private Prayer & Holy Communion
The church building is now open for personal prayer on Wednesday mornings from 10am, followed by Holy Communion at 10.30am. Come along to reflect, pray, read and/or meditate and stay for Holy Communion if you wish. Otherwise, just join us for Holy Communion. Either way, you are welcome for as long or as short a time as you wish to stay.
We hope that many of the congregation will feel confident enough to come into church for personal prayer and/or Holy Communion on Wednesday mornings, but if not, you can also tune in to Morning Prayer on our YouTube channel every Tuesday morning from 8am and our online Sunday services on Sunday mornings from 9am, some of which feature Holy Communion.
God of creation,
whose glory is around and within us
open our eyes to your wonders
that we may serve you with joy
and know your peace
through Jesus Christ our Saviour
Children & Young People’s Resources
- Worship at Home – A national Church of England resource designed to help families have a short time of worship as a household at home. Click here to find out more.
- Light at Home – Weekly sheets by the Diocese of Leeds to support families at home. Each sheet has a bible story, prayers, something to do together and a challenge. Click here to access these sheets.
- Weekly@ September 2020: Weekly lectionary-based children’s resources aimed at 5-11 year olds. Each session includes a theme, Bible story, game, craft activity, songs and a reflection. These resources can be printed out and used at home on a weekly basis by those who wish to do so. Click here to view/download.
Other Worship Resources
- Diocese of Leeds with a list of churches who live stream services: https://www.leeds.anglican.org/covid-19/live-streaming
- Church of England weekly online services: https://www.churchofengland.org/
- Learning to Pray (Church of England): https://www.churchofengland.org/prayer-and-worship/learning-pray
- Sacred Space for online daily prayer: https://www.sacredspace.ie/
- Worship in and with Creation – Resources for Outdoor Worship
- BBC Radio 4 Sunday Worship
- Songs of Praise (BBC1)