This Sunday, we will hold a more informal Sunday Xtra style worship service in the church building at 10.30am – we hope that some of our church families with children will come back for this. We will also enjoy some outside worship and socialising after the service. Due to Covid restrictions, places at this service will be limited and must be pre-booked by texting: 07960 626938. If you are unable to join us in church, we will also have a short pre-recorded online service available to view on our YouTube channel from 9am on Sunday morning. The theme for our services this week will be the Good Shepherd (John 10: 1-18).
Jesus said: ‘I am the good shepherd’ and so we pray:
Good Shepherd, watch over us today in all we face and experience.
Never leave us or forsake us and journey with us always.
Good Shepherd, you know us as no-one else knows us.
Guard us and keep us,
as you guard and keep those whom we love.
Good Shepherd, we pray for the sick and the lonely;
for the anxious and the bereaved; for those whose pain is beyond our comprehension.
We stand with them and commend them to your care.
Good Shepherd, we pray for the carers in hospitals and in homes
and for all who serve the needs of others.
May the example of living compassion inspire us in our care for others.
Good Shepherd, you know the depths of our heart and the fears which are ours.
Speak into the depths of our heart and calm our fears.
Good Shepherd, you know us by our name and our identity is not hidden from you.
Gather us to yourself as a shepherd gathers the sheep, that we might know your Name.
Children & Young People’s Resources
- Worship at Home – A national Church of England resource designed to help families have a short time of worship as a household at home. Click here to find out more.
- Light at Home – Weekly sheets by the Diocese of Leeds to support families at home. Each sheet has a bible story, prayers, something to do together and a challenge. Click here to access these sheets.
- Weekly@ January-April 2021: Weekly lectionary-based children’s resources aimed at 5-11 year olds. Each session includes a theme, Bible story, game, craft activity, songs and a reflection. These resources can be printed out and used at home on a weekly basis by those who wish to do so. Click here to view/download.
Other Worship Resources
- Diocese of Leeds with a list of churches who live stream services: https://www.leeds.anglican.org/covid-19/live-streaming
- Church of England weekly online services: https://www.churchofengland.org/
- Learning to Pray (Church of England): https://www.churchofengland.org/prayer-and-worship/learning-pray
- Sacred Space for online daily prayer: https://www.sacredspace.ie/
- Worship in and with Creation – Resources for Outdoor Worship
- BBC Radio 4 Sunday Worship
- Songs of Praise (BBC1)