This Sunday from 9am there will be an online service on the St Paul’s Church YouTube channel. This is a prayerful and reflective joint worship service with Shipley Christians Together (SCT). St Paul’s Church has coordinated the service and people from other Shipley churches have participated. We hope you will join in and enjoy it! The service booklet, which can be used in conjunction with the service, is available to view/download here.
The service uses material prepared by a monastic community in Grandchamp, Switzerland for the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity (WPCU) which was from 18-25th January. The main reading in the service is John 15, where Jesus invites us to be deeply connected with him. Jesus says: I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. We can express our love for one another and our neighbours by reaching out, contacting people, asking them how they are and also by keeping to the government guidelines to keep yourself and others safe.
Let’s keep praying for NHS workers, teachers, families who are home schooling and all who are struggling nearby and further away.
Sunday Xtra follows a service sheet this week, which can viewed/downloaded here.
you seek us, you wish to offer us your friendship
and lead us to a life that is ever more complete.
Grant us the confidence to answer your call
so that we may be transformed
and become witnesses of your tenderness for the world.
Children & Young People’s Resources
- Worship at Home – A national Church of England resource designed to help families have a short time of worship as a household at home. Click here to find out more.
- Light at Home – Weekly sheets by the Diocese of Leeds to support families at home. Each sheet has a bible story, prayers, something to do together and a challenge. Click here to access these sheets.
- Weekly@ January-April 2021: Weekly lectionary-based children’s resources aimed at 5-11 year olds. Each session includes a theme, Bible story, game, craft activity, songs and a reflection. These resources can be printed out and used at home on a weekly basis by those who wish to do so. Click here to view/download.
Other Worship Resources
- Diocese of Leeds with a list of churches who live stream services: https://www.leeds.anglican.org/covid-19/live-streaming
- Church of England weekly online services: https://www.churchofengland.org/
- Learning to Pray (Church of England): https://www.churchofengland.org/prayer-and-worship/learning-pray
- Sacred Space for online daily prayer: https://www.sacredspace.ie/
- Worship in and with Creation – Resources for Outdoor Worship
- BBC Radio 4 Sunday Worship
- Songs of Praise (BBC1)