This Sunday we will hold a Worship Service with Holy Communion in the church building at 10.30am. The theme for this service will be ‘Love is an antidote to sin and can embed itself in our hearts’. There won’t be a St Paul’s online service this week, but we encourage you to join in with the joint Shipley Christians Together (SCT) online service instead. This will be available to watch on the SCT YouTube channel from 6.30pm on Sunday. The service will focus on the theme of creation and you will see many familiar faces from all the Shipley churches participating. Sunday Xtra follows a service sheet this week, which is available to view / download here. For more information about alternative online worship services that you could follow, please see below.
Private Prayer & Holy Communion
The church building is now open for personal prayer on Wednesday mornings from 10am, followed by Holy Communion at 10.30am. Come along to reflect, pray, read and/or meditate and stay for Holy Communion if you wish. Otherwise, just join us for Holy Communion. Either way, you are welcome for as long or as short a time as you wish to stay.
We hope that many of the congregation will feel confident enough to come into church for personal prayer and/or Holy Communion on Wednesday mornings, but if not, you can also tune in to Morning Prayer on our YouTube channel every Tuesday morning from 8am and our online Sunday services on Sunday mornings from 9am, some of which feature Holy Communion.
flows like a stream
into the ocean of your Grace.
encircles this world,
displays your faithfulness.
is patient and kind,
brings wholeness and true peace.
is all we desire
to heal our brokenness.
As all things pass
and fade away
Children & Young People’s Resources
- Worship at Home – A national Church of England resource designed to help families have a short time of worship as a household at home. Click here to find out more.
- Light at Home – Weekly sheets by the Diocese of Leeds to support families at home. Each sheet has a bible story, prayers, something to do together and a challenge. Click here to access these sheets.
- Weekly@ September 2020: Weekly lectionary-based children’s resources aimed at 5-11 year olds. Each session includes a theme, Bible story, game, craft activity, songs and a reflection. These resources can be printed out and used at home on a weekly basis by those who wish to do so. Click here to view/download.
Other Worship Resources
- Diocese of Leeds with a list of churches who live stream services: https://www.leeds.anglican.org/covid-19/live-streaming
- Church of England weekly online services: https://www.churchofengland.org/
- Learning to Pray (Church of England): https://www.churchofengland.org/prayer-and-worship/learning-pray
- Sacred Space for online daily prayer: https://www.sacredspace.ie/
- Worship in and with Creation – Resources for Outdoor Worship
- BBC Radio 4 Sunday Worship
- Songs of Praise (BBC1)