Shipley Christians Together Celebration Service
This Sunday there will be a service by Shipley Christians Together (SCT) at 6.30pm on their YouTube channel, put together by Christ Church, Windhill. When you watch this service at 6.30pm, you will be ‘together’ with many other local Christians doing the same. The theme is ‘A Celebration of Hope’. The service will feature interviews with community groups such as Windhill Community Centre, Christ Church CofE Primary Academy, Bradford North Foodbank and Bradford Council. The service will also have music, prayers, readings and a short talk. Be sure not to miss it! Because we hope many of you will watch this service, there won’t be a St Paul’s morning service on our YouTube channel this Sunday, although you can still watch some of our older services and contributions on YouTube if you would like to. If you would like to watch a morning service, do explore the world wide web and join some other churches in the Leeds Diocese, around the UK or even further afield. The Diocese of Leeds website (see below) gives an extensive list of churches (with links) who have services online. Of course, you can also follow our Sunday Xtra Service, the order of service for which is available to view/download here.
Sunday Coffee & Chat
From 11am until 12 noon, we also invite you to join us for Sunday Coffee & Chat via Zoom, which this Sunday will be hosted by John and Henriette. This is an opportunity to connect with others, ask questions and catch up over a cup of coffee (or tea) in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Stay for as little or as long as you like – it would be lovely to see some new faces this week! Please email: email@example.com for details of how to join.
Open for Prayer
The church building will be open for prayer on Wednesdays from 10am-12pm – all are welcome for as long or as short as you wish! Those who came last Wednesday commented on how peaceful, calm and spiritually uplifting it was to sit quietly in church to pray and reflect.
Don’t forget that many of our regular church groups are now meeting online. These include our Meditation Group, Faith Chat Group, Junior Choir, Choir, Young Adults, Book Group and Saturday Cafe. For more information about any of the above, please click here.
Join us on YouTube most Sundays for our worship services and Tuesday mornings for prayer.
Prayers for Neighbours
Lord Jesus Christ,
you taught us to love our neighbour,
and to care for those in need
as if we were caring for you.
In this time of anxiety,
give us strength to comfort the fearful,
to tend the sick,
and to assure the isolated of our love,
and your love, for your name’s sake. Amen.
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name.
Your Kingdom come, your will be done,
on earth as in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
For the kingdom, the power and the glory are yours.
Now and for ever. Amen.
Children & Young People’s Resources
- Weekly@ are lectionary based children’s resources aimed at 5-11 year olds. These resources can be printed out and used at home on a weekly basis by those who wish to do so. This Sunday’s theme is Difficult ‘Places’.
- Faith at Home – A national Church of England campaign that supports the faith development and pastoral care of children and young people. Click here to find out more.
- Light at Home – Weekly sheets by the Diocese of Leeds to support families at home. Each sheet has a bible story, prayers, something to do together and a challenge. Click here to access these sheets.
Other Worship Resources
- Diocese of Leeds with a list of churches who live stream services: https://www.leeds.anglican.org/covid-19/live-streaming
- Church of England: https://www.churchofengland.org/
- Learning to Pray (Church of England): https://www.churchofengland.org/prayer-and-worship/learning-pray
- Sacred Space for online daily prayer: https://www.sacredspace.ie/
- Worship in and with Creation – Resources for Outdoor Worship