On this 3rd Sunday in the Easter season, we will have a Holy Communion service in the church building at 10.30am with Henriette speaking on the story of Jesus walking with his friends on the road to Emmaus. Due to Covid restrictions, places at this service will be limited and must be pre-booked by texting: 07960 626938. If you are unable to join us in church, our pre-recorded online service will be available to view on our YouTube channel from 9am on Sunday morning. In this service, our archdeacon, Andy Jolley, preaches on the same story, focussing on the peace or shalom that Jesus brings (Luke 24: 13- 49).
You filled your disciples with boldness and fresh hope:
Strengthen us to proclaim your risen life
and fill us with your peace,
to the glory of God!
Children & Young People’s Resources
- Worship at Home – A national Church of England resource designed to help families have a short time of worship as a household at home. Click here to find out more.
- Light at Home – Weekly sheets by the Diocese of Leeds to support families at home. Each sheet has a bible story, prayers, something to do together and a challenge. Click here to access these sheets.
- Weekly@ January-April 2021: Weekly lectionary-based children’s resources aimed at 5-11 year olds. Each session includes a theme, Bible story, game, craft activity, songs and a reflection. These resources can be printed out and used at home on a weekly basis by those who wish to do so. Click here to view/download.
Other Worship Resources
- Diocese of Leeds with a list of churches who live stream services: https://www.leeds.anglican.org/covid-19/live-streaming
- Church of England weekly online services: https://www.churchofengland.org/
- Learning to Pray (Church of England): https://www.churchofengland.org/prayer-and-worship/learning-pray
- Sacred Space for online daily prayer: https://www.sacredspace.ie/
- Worship in and with Creation – Resources for Outdoor Worship
- BBC Radio 4 Sunday Worship
- Songs of Praise (BBC1)