The theme for this Sunday’s online worship service will be ‘Hearing God’s voice and following Jesus in 2021’. The service has music, readings, prayers, a talk by Chris Clough and Holy Communion. It will be available to view on our YouTube channel from 9am on Sunday morning, and the service sheet, which can be used in conjunction with this service, is available to view/download here.
Update on Lockdown and Building Closure
The difficult decision has been taken by the PCC (Parochial Church Council) to close the St Paul’s Church building for the rest of January and possibly longer. This will be reviewed in a few weeks’ time. This is a real shame, especially as many congregation members have found much joy and comfort in onsite worship and prayer over the last couple of months. However, given the government’s present urgent request for people to stay at home and to only go out for necessary engagements, we felt it is not wise to encourage people to visit the church building at this time. The infection rate is too high, and we would be putting people at risk. We have taken this difficult decision out of care and love for the people we are responsible for, not only within the congregation, but also in the parish. A few people in our congregation have already received the vaccine which is a sign of hope for all of us. We will continue our online worship, online groups and will also continue our pastoral care for those in the congregation.
May God the Father prepare your journey,
Jesus the Son guide your footsteps,
the spirit of Life strengthen your body,
The Three in One watch over you,
on every road that you may follow.
Children & Young People’s Resources
- Worship at Home – A national Church of England resource designed to help families have a short time of worship as a household at home. Click here to find out more.
- Light at Home – Weekly sheets by the Diocese of Leeds to support families at home. Each sheet has a bible story, prayers, something to do together and a challenge. Click here to access these sheets.
- Weekly@ January-April 2021: Weekly lectionary-based children’s resources aimed at 5-11 year olds. Each session includes a theme, Bible story, game, craft activity, songs and a reflection. These resources can be printed out and used at home on a weekly basis by those who wish to do so. Click here to view/download.
Other Worship Resources
- Diocese of Leeds with a list of churches who live stream services: https://www.leeds.anglican.org/covid-19/live-streaming
- Church of England weekly online services: https://www.churchofengland.org/
- Learning to Pray (Church of England): https://www.churchofengland.org/prayer-and-worship/learning-pray
- Sacred Space for online daily prayer: https://www.sacredspace.ie/
- Worship in and with Creation – Resources for Outdoor Worship
- BBC Radio 4 Sunday Worship
- Songs of Praise (BBC1)