Today’s Sunday Together online worship service has the theme ‘Songs of Praise’ and will be available to view on our YouTube channel from 9am on Sunday morning. The service booklet, which can be used in conjunction with this service, is available to view/download here. Sunday Xtra follows a service sheet this week, which is available to view/download here. We also plan to hold our first worship service with Holy Communion in the church building, which will start at 10.30am. We are excited about this and will follow all the government and diocesan guidelines to make it as safe as we can. This includes sanitising hands, 2m physical distancing, Holy Communion with wafers only (not with wine) and mandatory face masks. If you are able to, please watch the short video ‘Tour around St Paul’s Church Building’ below (also available on our YouTube channel) so that you know what to expect when you come to church. We advise that people with Covid-19 symptoms stay at home, as well as those who need to continue shielding. We hope many of the congregation will feel confident enough to come and be part of this special occasion. However, no-one must feel guilty for not attending. We will continue to also hold services online, where possible, for the foreseeable future.
Open for Prayer
The church building is now open for personal prayer on Wednesdays from 10-11.30am. People are welcome to come and sit quietly in the church space to reflect, pray, read and meditate. We will also make some prayer sheets available for personal use. There will be a team coordinated by our wardens, Anne Luxton and Matt Stoney, to give guidance as you arrive. You are welcome to come for the whole time or just pop in for a few minutes.
We will be following all the government and diocesan guidelines to make our personal prayer sessions as safe as we can. This includes:
- Sanitising hands
- 2m physical distancing
- Face masks are mandatory
We advise that people with Covid symptoms stay at home, as well as those who need to continue shielding. We hope that many of the congregation will feel confident enough to come into church for personal prayer on Wednesday mornings, but if not, you can also tune in to Morning Prayer on our YouTube channel every Tuesday morning from 8am.
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name.
Your Kingdom come, your will be done,
on earth as in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
For the kingdom, the power and the glory are yours.
Now and for ever. Amen.
Lord of heaven and earth,
as Jesus taught his disciples to be persistent in prayer,
give us patience and courage never to lose hope,
but always to bring our prayers before you;
through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Children & Young People’s Resources
- Worship at Home – A national Church of England resource designed to help families have a short time of worship as a household at home. Click here to find out more.
- Light at Home – Weekly sheets by the Diocese of Leeds to support families at home. Each sheet has a bible story, prayers, something to do together and a challenge. Click here to access these sheets.
- Weekly@ Summer 2020: We’re all in this Together – Weekly lectionary-based children’s resources aimed at 5-11 year olds. Each session includes a theme, Bible story, game, craft activity, songs and a reflection. These resources can be printed out and used at home on a weekly basis by those who wish to do so. Click here to view/download.
- Outdoor / Indoor Summer Challenge – How many challenges can you tick off? Click here to view/download.
- Summertime: 31 Ways to Grow Closer to God as a Family – Part of the Light at Home series by the Diocese of Leeds. Click here to view/download.
- 30 Day Dough Church Challenge / 30 Day Lego Bible Challenge – Click here to view/download.
Other Worship Resources
- Diocese of Leeds with a list of churches who live stream services: https://www.leeds.anglican.org/covid-19/live-streaming
- Church of England: https://www.churchofengland.org/
- Learning to Pray (Church of England): https://www.churchofengland.org/prayer-and-worship/learning-pray
- Sacred Space for online daily prayer: https://www.sacredspace.ie/
- Worship in and with Creation – Resources for Outdoor Worship