This Sunday, we will hold a short worship service in the church building at 10.30am, followed by our annual meetings at 11.15am. The Annual Meetings can also be joined via Zoom (please get in touch via the Contact Us page for details of how to join). Due to Covid restrictions, places at both the service and the meeting in church will be limited and must be pre-booked by texting: 07960 626938. There will also be a short, pre-recorded worship service, including the vicar’s talk, on our YouTube channel from 9am. The annual meetings take place in the context of worship, prayer and thanksgiving.
Thy Kingdom Come
Thy Kingdom Come is a global prayer movement that invites Christians around the world to pray from Ascension to Pentecost for more people to come to know Jesus. This prayer movement, initiated by the Archbishops of Canterbury and York, started in 2016. At St Paul’s, we invite you to actively PRAY each day between Ascension and Pentecost for five people to come to know Jesus as their friend and Saviour and for the church to grow in love and service. Please see below for prayer ideas, resources and videos for individuals, families and young people, or visit the Thy Kingdom Come website.
We Seek Your Kingdom
‘We Seek Your Kingdom’ is a whole-life worship song to the tune of ‘Abide with Me’. It was commissioned by LICC (London Institute for Contemporary Christianity) and Thy Kingdom Come and inspires us to see our daily tasks through God’s eyes and live out the prayer ‘your kingdom come’ in every part of life.
Children & Young People’s Resources
- Worship at Home – A national Church of England resource designed to help families have a short time of worship as a household at home. Click here to find out more.
- Light at Home – Weekly sheets by the Diocese of Leeds to support families at home. Each sheet has a bible story, prayers, something to do together and a challenge. Click here to access these sheets.
- Weekly@ May 2021: Weekly lectionary-based children’s resources aimed at 5-11 year olds. Each session includes a theme, Bible story, game, craft activity, songs and a reflection. These resources can be printed out and used at home on a weekly basis by those who wish to do so. Click here to view/download.
Other Worship Resources
- Church of England weekly online services: https://www.churchofengland.org/
- Diocese of Leeds with a list of churches who live stream services: https://www.leeds.anglican.org/covid-19/live-streaming
- Bradford Cathedral live streamed services: https://www.bradfordcathedral.org/
- Learning to Pray (Church of England): https://www.churchofengland.org/prayer-and-worship/learning-pray
- Sacred Space for online daily prayer: https://www.sacredspace.ie/
- Worship in and with Creation – Resources for Outdoor Worship
- BBC Radio 4 Sunday Worship
- Songs of Praise (BBC1)