Join us online this Sunday via our YouTube channel. We have had two very special services over the last two weeks for All Saints and Remembrance Sunday. This week’s service will be more simple and ordinary, but sometimes that’s just what we need! Henriette will explore the topic of prayer in her talk. A summary of the talk is: Prayer is for everyone. We can all pray in different ways. Prayer changes everything. The service also contains readings, music and Holy Communion. Do also explore the Church of England website, which contains lots of useful resources to help you to pray, including this month’s Prayer for the Nation resources.
Our online service will be available to view on our YouTube channel from 9am on Sunday morning. The service sheet, which can be used in conjunction with this service, is available to view/download here, as is the talk. Sunday Xtra follows a service sheet this week, which is available to view / download here.
Open for Prayer
The church building is open for personal prayer on Wednesday mornings from 10-11am. You are welcome to come and sit quietly in the church space to reflect, pray, read and meditate. We will also make some prayer sheets available for personal use. There will be a team coordinated by our wardens, Anne Luxton and Matt Stoney, to give guidance as you arrive. You are welcome to come for the whole time or just pop in for a few minutes.
We will be following all the government and diocesan guidelines to make our personal prayer sessions as safe as we can. This includes sanitising hands, 2m physical distancing and mandatory face masks.
We advise that people with Covid symptoms stay at home, as well as those who need to continue shielding. We hope that many of you will feel confident enough to come into church for personal prayer on Wednesday mornings, but if not, you can also tune in to our weekly reflections on our YouTube channel every Tuesday morning from 8am.
Taken from the world’s most famous prayer book: the Psalms
O God, you are my God,
earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you
in a dry and weary land
where there is no water. (Psalm 63:1)
We will sing of your love and justice
To you O God, we will sing praise! (Psalm 101:1)
Children & Young People’s Resources
- Worship at Home – A national Church of England resource designed to help families have a short time of worship as a household at home. Click here to find out more.
- Light at Home – Weekly sheets by the Diocese of Leeds to support families at home. Each sheet has a bible story, prayers, something to do together and a challenge. Click here to access these sheets.
- Weekly@ November 2020: Weekly lectionary-based children’s resources aimed at 5-11 year olds. Each session includes a theme, Bible story, game, craft activity, songs and a reflection. These resources can be printed out and used at home on a weekly basis by those who wish to do so. Click here to view/download.
Other Worship Resources
- Diocese of Leeds with a list of churches who live stream services: https://www.leeds.anglican.org/covid-19/live-streaming
- Church of England weekly online services: https://www.churchofengland.org/
- Learning to Pray (Church of England): https://www.churchofengland.org/prayer-and-worship/learning-pray
- Sacred Space for online daily prayer: https://www.sacredspace.ie/
- Worship in and with Creation – Resources for Outdoor Worship
- BBC Radio 4 Sunday Worship
- Songs of Praise (BBC1)