It has been 12 weeks since the start of lockdown. Most people are getting tired of it and want it all to be over. We all know that life is and will be different as the virus is still around and physical distancing will have to stay in place for a while. We hope that you continue to find comfort in your faith and in Bible verses like the following ‘Do not fear, for I am with you, do not be afraid, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you.’ (Isaiah 41:10).
It has been wonderful how many of us have joined together in being church in different ways. We are all learning a lot about God, about people, about the world and about the internet. One of our older church members described himself as a dinosaur where technology is concerned, but God uses the good old post, telephone and neighbourly chats just as much as our computers. May God continue to inspire and mobilise us all so we can be Church, the body of Christ on earth.
Sunday Together Service
This week’s Sunday Together Service will be available to watch on our YouTube channel on Sunday morning from 9am. The service booklet is available to view/download here, as is the talk by Thomas Dixon. The theme for this service will be Children of God with readings from Genesis, and key verse 1:26:
‘God created humankind in his image, in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.’
Sunday Xtra Service
Our Sunday Xtra Service will meet via Zoom on Sunday morning at 11.30am. This will be an informal get together, hosted by Mark Allison and John Butler, with some worship and sharing. To join, please email: email@example.com
God the Father, all of humanity is made in your image; fill us with compassion as we see your children suffer.
God the Son, you embraced those whom the world rejected; give us your hunger for justice.
God the Holy Spirit, you give us the gift of courage; make us strong in speaking out against oppression.
God the Holy Trinity, you are three in one, united in love; help us to put love at the centre of all we do.
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name.
Your Kingdom come, your will be done,
on earth as in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
For the kingdom, the power and the glory are yours.
Now and for ever. Amen.
Children & Young People’s Resources
- Weekly@ are lectionary based children’s resources aimed at 5-11 year olds. These resources can be printed out and used at home on a weekly basis by those who wish to do so. This Sunday’s theme is Being a Disciple.
- Faith at Home – A national Church of England campaign that supports the faith development and pastoral care of children and young people. Click here to find out more.
- Light at Home – Weekly sheets by the Diocese of Leeds to support families at home. Each sheet has a bible story, prayers, something to do together and a challenge. Click here for this week’s sheet.
Other Worship Resources
- Diocese of Leeds with a list of churches who live stream services: https://www.leeds.anglican.org/covid-19/live-streaming
- Church of England: https://www.churchofengland.org/
- Learning to Pray (Church of England): https://www.churchofengland.org/prayer-and-worship/learning-pray
- Sacred Space for online daily prayer: https://www.sacredspace.ie/
- Worship in and with Creation – Resources for Outdoor Worship