Sunday Worship Services
This week we will have two worship services at St Paul’s: an online and an onsite service. A few people have asked: why do we still have online services if the building is now open? The reason is that many congregation members are not able to come to the building because they are vulnerable, have work commitments or live with vulnerable people. We can also only have approximately 45 people in the building at any one time and, maybe most importantly, during the pandemic we have connected with many new people further away who watch our online services.
This Sunday our online service is a Christingle service which will be available to view on our YouTube channel from 9am. The service booklet, which can be used in conjunction with this service, is available to view/download here. If you would like to make a Christingle as part of the service, you will need: an orange, four cocktail sticks, sweets (jelly tots, mini marshmallows etc…), a candle and a piece of red ribbon.
Our onsite service is not a Christingle service. Instead, we will have a simple Advent Holy Communion service, at which we will light the 3rd candle of our Advent wreath and also sing a few Christmas carols outside. You do not need to book a place to attend this service.
Advent & Christmas Services
Below you will find details of our Advent and Christmas services, including our weekly Wednesday morning Holy Communion Service.
We will be following all the government and diocesan guidelines to make our services as safe as we can. This includes sanitising hands, 2m physical distancing and mandatory face masks. Please stay at home if you are unwell, isolating or shielding.
Please pre-book your place at our services in church on 20th, 24th & 25th December by texting: 07960626938.
Prayer as we light the third candle of our Advent wreath
A candle burns,
the sign of your Word.
God of the Prophets,
come to us again this Advent.
May your word be a lamp to our feet, and a light on our path.
God, give us light, give us hope.
Children & Young People’s Resources
- Worship at Home – A national Church of England resource designed to help families have a short time of worship as a household at home. Click here to find out more.
- Light at Home – Weekly sheets by the Diocese of Leeds to support families at home. Each sheet has a bible story, prayers, something to do together and a challenge. Click here to access these sheets.
- Weekly@ December 2020: Weekly lectionary-based children’s resources aimed at 5-11 year olds. Each session includes a theme, Bible story, game, craft activity, songs and a reflection. These resources can be printed out and used at home on a weekly basis by those who wish to do so. Click here to view/download.
Other Worship Resources
- Diocese of Leeds with a list of churches who live stream services: https://www.leeds.anglican.org/covid-19/live-streaming
- Church of England weekly online services: https://www.churchofengland.org/
- Learning to Pray (Church of England): https://www.churchofengland.org/prayer-and-worship/learning-pray
- Sacred Space for online daily prayer: https://www.sacredspace.ie/
- Worship in and with Creation – Resources for Outdoor Worship
- BBC Radio 4 Sunday Worship
- Songs of Praise (BBC1)
- The Church of England’s Countdown to Christmas: Activities as we prepare for and celebrate Christmas
- Advent Prayer Sheet