Our online Sunday Together Service will be available to watch via our YouTube channel from 9am on Sunday morning. The service booklet, which can be used in conjunction with this service, is available to view/download here and the talk can be viewed/downloaded here. The order of service for our Sunday Xtra Service is available to view/download here. From 11am until 12 noon, we also invite you to join us for Sunday Coffee & Chat via Zoom. This is an opportunity to connect and catch up over a cup of coffee (or tea) in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Stay for as little or as long as you like! Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for details of how to join.
The theme of our online service this week is ‘Being blessed’. We will read the ‘Beatitudes’, the blessings Jesus shared with his disciples and with us. Thomas Dixon and Rachel Hesselwood will help us to reflect on some of the (perhaps surprising) blessings that have emerged during lockdown, despite the sadness of the virus, and the frustrations and difficulties of everyday life. In particular, we will focus on how true blessings come through service of others exemplified in the Beatitudes – blessed are the merciful! The Sunday Xtra service looks at a different passage: the parable of the sower.
Reopening of the Church Building
From Wednesday 15th July, we will be opening the church building for personal prayer from 10am to 12noon weekly on Wednesdays. People are welcome to come and sit quietly in the church space to reflect, pray and meditate. You can bring a book and read if you wish. We will make some prayer sheets available for your personal use. There will be a team coordinated by our wardens, Anne Luxton and Matt Stoney, to give guidance as you arrive. You are welcome to come for the whole time or just pop in for a few minutes. Sadly, we can’t offer any refreshments.
We are planning to hold our first worship service on Sunday 2nd August which will include Holy Communion in one kind (we can’t distribute the wine). More information about this will follow. Before you get too excited, singing won’t be allowed! If you have any coronavirus symptoms or if you feel physically weak and vulnerable, please stay home and stay safe. It is exciting to move forward as a church and to gradually open our building again for church members but also for the community. Please be aware especially of those who are continuing to stay at home. Keep using the phone, email and online opportunities to connect with God and one another.
Breath of life and love,
disturb the dark clouds
of fear and anxiety
that trouble our lives,
and in this gentle breeze,
as clouds disperse,
may we sense hope
and healing, as your light
breaks in and through
our hearts and minds,
and shines out in the world.
In the name of Jesus, the Light of the world.
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name.
Your Kingdom come, your will be done,
on earth as in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
For the kingdom, the power and the glory are yours.
Now and for ever. Amen.
Children & Young People’s Resources
- Weekly@ are lectionary based children’s resources aimed at 5-11 year olds. These resources can be printed out and used at home on a weekly basis by those who wish to do so. This Sunday’s theme is Different ‘Dirt’.
- Faith at Home – A national Church of England campaign that supports the faith development and pastoral care of children and young people. Click here to find out more.
- Light at Home – Weekly sheets by the Diocese of Leeds to support families at home. Each sheet has a bible story, prayers, something to do together and a challenge. Click here to access these sheets.
Other Worship Resources
- Diocese of Leeds with a list of churches who live stream services: https://www.leeds.anglican.org/covid-19/live-streaming
- Church of England: https://www.churchofengland.org/
- Learning to Pray (Church of England): https://www.churchofengland.org/prayer-and-worship/learning-pray
- Sacred Space for online daily prayer: https://www.sacredspace.ie/
- Worship in and with Creation – Resources for Outdoor Worship