This Sunday, in our Harvest Festival, we celebrate God’s goodness in our creation. We bring to mind God’s call on us to be abundant and generous in the sharing of God’s goodness with others, for example via the Foodbank. The online Sunday Together pre-recorded service will be a fantastic one with much participation from congregation members, including children. You will be able to watch this service on our YouTube channel from 9am on Sunday morning. The service booklet, which can be used in conjunction with this service, is available to view/download here. We will also hold a service, following the Sunday Together format, with Holy Communion in the church building at 10.30am. Please bring along to this service any Harvest donations for the Foodbank. Alternatively, you can donate online via the Bradford North Foodbank’s website.
Personal Prayer & Holy Communion
The church building is now open for personal prayer on Wednesday mornings from 10am, followed by Holy Communion at 10.30am. Come along to reflect, pray, read and/or meditate and stay for Holy Communion if you wish. Otherwise, just join us for Holy Communion. Either way, you are welcome for as long or as short a time as you wish to stay.
We hope that many of the congregation will feel confident enough to come into church for personal prayer and/or Holy Communion on Wednesday mornings, but if not, you can also tune in to Morning Prayer on our YouTube channel every Tuesday morning from 8am and our online Sunday services on Sunday mornings from 9am, some of which feature Holy Communion.
God our maker, God of springtime and Harvest, we are here.
Jesus the storyteller, Jesus our friend, we are here.
Holy Spirit, our breath, God alive within us, we are here.
We are here at your invitation to meet with you.
Children & Young People’s Resources
- Worship at Home – A national Church of England resource designed to help families have a short time of worship as a household at home. Click here to find out more.
- Light at Home – Weekly sheets by the Diocese of Leeds to support families at home. Each sheet has a Bible story, prayers, something to do together and a challenge. Click here to access these sheets.
- Weekly@ October 2020: Weekly lectionary-based children’s resources aimed at 5-11 year olds. Each session includes a theme, Bible story, game, craft activity, songs and a reflection. These resources can be printed out and used at home on a weekly basis by those who wish to do so. Click here to view/download.
Other Worship Resources
- Diocese of Leeds with a list of churches who live stream services: https://www.leeds.anglican.org/covid-19/live-streaming
- Church of England weekly online services: https://www.churchofengland.org/
- Learning to Pray (Church of England): https://www.churchofengland.org/prayer-and-worship/learning-pray
- Sacred Space for online daily prayer: https://www.sacredspace.ie/
- Worship in and with Creation – Resources for Outdoor Worship
- BBC Radio 4 Sunday Worship
- Songs of Praise (BBC1)