We are going into the 8th week of lockdown now. For some of us it has become a different way of life with new opportunities, for others it means more struggle and isolation. It continues to be uncertain when church buildings might reopen again, but we are making the most of the opportunities that we have online. Please reach out to those who are not able to access online services – a phone call or card means a lot and it’s one way of sharing God’s peace and love with one another. It is so encouraging to hear stories of people getting to know their neighbours and local communities more.
Our worship services this week focus on Christian Aid because it is Christian Aid week between 10-16th May. The Sunday Together worship service this week will be available online on Sunday 10th May at 9am on our YouTube Channel. Please click here for the service booklet. The Sunday Xtra service can be followed via this link which will take you to links on YouTube and elsewhere on the internet.
As a church we support the charity Christian Aid and it will be good to become aware of all the work they are doing, particularly to help communities during this global pandemic. It’s an opportunity to look outward to the rest of the world, to be inspired and to be mobilised. Christian Aid’s strapline this year is: ‘Love never fails. Coronavirus impacts all of us. But love unites us all.’ Let us pray for Christian Aid and all charities who are committed during this pandemic to continue to share God’s compassion with the poor and marginalised. If you would like to make a donation to Christian Aid, you can do so here.
God of heaven and earth,
in these times of isolation,
apart from loved ones
distant from friends
away from neighbours
thank you that there is nothing
in all of creation,
not even coronavirus,
that is able to separate us from your love.
And may your love that never fails
continue to be shared
through the kindness of strangers
looking out for each other,
for neighbours near and far
all recognising our shared vulnerability,
each of us grateful for every breath,
and willing everyone to know the gift
of a full and healthy life.
Keep us all in your care.
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name.
Your Kingdom come, your will be done,
on earth as in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
For the kingdom, the power and the glory are yours.
Now and for ever. Amen.
The UK Blessing
Over 65 churches and movements around the UK have come together online to sing a blessing over the nation. Our buildings may be closed but the church is still very much alive! Please watch the video and enjoy!
- Weekly@ are lectionary based children’s resources aimed at 5-11 year olds. These resources can be printed out and used at home on a weekly basis by those who wish to do so. This Sunday’s theme is Jesus is the Key.
- Christian Aid Week children’s video: Stronger than the storms
- Christian Aid Week activity sheet
- John 1:1-14 word search puzzle
- John 1:1-14 crossword puzzle
- John 1:1-14 colouring activity
Other Worship Resources
- Diocese of Leeds with a list of churches who live stream services: https://www.leeds.anglican.org/easter-2020/streaming
- Church of England: https://www.churchofengland.org/
- Learning to Pray (Church of England): https://www.churchofengland.org/prayer-and-worship/learning-pray
- Sacred Space for online daily prayer: https://www.sacredspace.ie/