In today’s online worship service we will continue our reading of the books of Exodus and Matthew. The theme of this service is ‘reconciliation and forgiveness’ and features an inspirational talk by Matt Stoney. This service will be available to view on our YouTube channel from 9am on Sunday morning. The service booklet, which can be used in conjunction with this service, is available to view/download here.
Today’s reading from Matthew has the words of Jesus: “when two or three of you are together because of me, you can be sure that I’ll be there.” As we connect online and as we connect with one another during the week, we can be sure that Jesus is with us. You are invited to join us for Coffee and Chat today anytime between 11am and 12 noon via Zoom. If you have not joined us before, now might be the time to try it out and say hello to others! For details of how to join, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday Xtra will not be meeting this week, nor will there be a service held in the church building.
Open for Prayer
The church building is now open for personal prayer on Wednesdays from 10-11.30am. People are welcome to come and sit quietly in the church space to reflect, pray, read and meditate. We will also make some prayer sheets available for personal use. There will be a team coordinated by our wardens, Anne Luxton and Matt Stoney, to give guidance as you arrive. You are welcome to come for the whole time or just pop in for a few minutes.
We will be following all the government and diocesan guidelines to make our personal prayer sessions as safe as we can. This includes:
- Sanitising hands
- 2m physical distancing
- Face masks are mandatory
We advise that people with Covid symptoms stay at home, as well as those who need to continue shielding. We hope that many of the congregation will feel confident enough to come into church for personal prayer on Wednesday mornings, but if not, you can also tune in to Morning Prayer on our YouTube channel every Tuesday morning from 8am.
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name.
Your Kingdom come, your will be done,
on earth as in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
For the kingdom, the power and the glory are yours.
Now and for ever. Amen.
God of wholeness, God of Grace,
to you we bring our thanks and praise.
To a world that searches
you are a lamp that shines,
to a world that is hungry
you are food that sustains,
to a world that suffers
you are hope of release,
to a world that’s broken
you are one who restores,
to a world full of hate
you are love that forgives,
to a world that denies
you are truth that endures.
To you we bring our thanks and praise,
God of wholeness, God of Grace.
Children & Young People’s Resources
- Worship at Home – A national Church of England resource designed to help families have a short time of worship as a household at home. Click here to find out more.
- Light at Home – Weekly sheets by the Diocese of Leeds to support families at home. Each sheet has a bible story, prayers, something to do together and a challenge. Click here to access these sheets.
- Weekly@ September 2020: Weekly lectionary-based children’s resources aimed at 5-11 year olds. Each session includes a theme, Bible story, game, craft activity, songs and a reflection. These resources can be printed out and used at home on a weekly basis by those who wish to do so. Click here to view/download.
Other Worship Resources
- Diocese of Leeds with a list of churches who live stream services: https://www.leeds.anglican.org/covid-19/live-streaming
- Church of England weekly online services: https://www.churchofengland.org/
- Learning to Pray (Church of England): https://www.churchofengland.org/prayer-and-worship/learning-pray
- Sacred Space for online daily prayer: https://www.sacredspace.ie/
- Worship in and with Creation – Resources for Outdoor Worship
- BBC Radio 4 Sunday Worship
- Songs of Praise (BBC1)