This Sunday, we will hold a worship service in our church building at 10.30am. This will be an informal worship service in the style of Sunday Xtra, which is typically shorter in length with a more relaxed and contemporary feel. We hope that families who haven’t come back to the building yet, will feel able to join us for this service as well. Activity sheets will be available for children (and adults!), although children will need to stay in the pews with their parents/carers. Sadly, we can’t serve coffee, but we encourage you to bring your own tea/coffee in a sealed travel mug if you wish. This service will also be available to watch live via Zoom (please get in touch for details of how to join).
For those preferring a more traditional service, a pre-recorded online worship service with music, readings and a talk by Henriette will be available to view on our YouTube channel from 9am on Sunday morning. The theme for both services will be ‘Who do we worship?’ The service sheet, which can be used in conjunction with our online service, is available to view/download here.
Personal Prayer & Holy Communion
The church building is now open for personal prayer on Wednesday mornings from 10am, followed by Holy Communion at 10.30am. Come along to reflect, pray, read and/or meditate and stay for Holy Communion if you wish. Otherwise, just join us for Holy Communion. Either way, you are welcome for as long or as short a time as you wish to stay.
We hope that many of the congregation will feel confident enough to come into church for personal prayer and/or Holy Communion on Wednesday mornings, but if not, you can also tune in to Morning Prayer on our YouTube channel every Tuesday morning from 8am and our online Sunday services on Sunday mornings from 9am, some of which feature Holy Communion.
Creator God, we glimpse your beauty
in setting sun, mountain top, eagle’s wing.
We sense your power in thunder crash,
lightning flash and ocean’s roar.
Creator God we praise you
Precious Jesus, we see your love
stretched out upon a cruel cross.
We stand in awe at your sacrifice,
pure love poured out for humankind.
Precious Jesus we praise you
Holy Spirit, we see your power
in lives transformed, hearts on fire.
We listen for your still, small voice,
comforting, guiding, calling.
Holy Spirit we praise you
Children & Young People’s Resources
- Worship at Home – A national Church of England resource designed to help families have a short time of worship as a household at home. Click here to find out more.
- Light at Home – Weekly sheets by the Diocese of Leeds to support families at home. Each sheet has a bible story, prayers, something to do together and a challenge. Click here to access these sheets.
- Weekly@ October 2020: Weekly lectionary-based children’s resources aimed at 5-11 year olds. Each session includes a theme, Bible story, game, craft activity, songs and a reflection. These resources can be printed out and used at home on a weekly basis by those who wish to do so. Click here to view/download.
Other Worship Resources
- Diocese of Leeds with a list of churches who live stream services: https://www.leeds.anglican.org/covid-19/live-streaming
- Church of England weekly online services: https://www.churchofengland.org/
- Learning to Pray (Church of England): https://www.churchofengland.org/prayer-and-worship/learning-pray
- Sacred Space for online daily prayer: https://www.sacredspace.ie/
- Worship in and with Creation – Resources for Outdoor Worship
- BBC Radio 4 Sunday Worship
- Songs of Praise (BBC1)