Due to the new government guidelines for the North of England, which include the Bradford District, we have decided not to go ahead with our first planned public worship service in church on Sunday 2nd August. This was a difficult decision to make, but as a church, we exist to serve the people in our parish and community, and an important way in which we serve our people is by contributing to public health and safety. We urge you all to keep to the new guidelines, stay safe and keep others safe. We are confident, prepared and excited about reopening the church building for public worship services again as soon as it is safe to do so. Please watch this space for more updates!
In the meantime, we can continue to share God’s love in the many ways we have learned to do so over the last few months. As usual, our pre-recorded online worship service will be available to view on our YouTube channel from 9am on Sunday morning. The theme for this Sunday’s Holy Communion Service is ‘Feeding God’s people’. We will be looking at two Bible stories: the feeding of the people of Israel in the desert with Manna and also the miraculous feeding of the 5000-plus people by Jesus. We will also focus on the work of the Bradford North Foodbank, for which St Paul’s church is now collecting food, toiletries and cleaning products again. Please visit their website for a detailed list of what is currently most needed. The service booklet, which can be used in conjunction with our online service, is available to view/download here, and the sermon by John Butler, here. For those who would like to follow our Sunday Xtra service, please view/download the order of service here.
Sunday Coffee and Chat
From 11am -12pm, we also invite you to join us for Sunday Coffee and Chat via Zoom. This is an opportunity to connect with others, ask questions and catch up over a cuppa in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Stay for as little or as long as you like! Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for details of how to join.
Open for Prayer
The church building is now open for personal prayer on Wednesdays from 10-11.30am. People are welcome to come and sit quietly in the church space to reflect, pray, read and meditate. We will also make some prayer sheets available for personal use. There will be a team coordinated by our wardens, Anne Luxton and Matt Stoney, to give guidance as you arrive. You are welcome to come for the whole time or just pop in for a few minutes.
We will be following all the government and diocesan guidelines to make our personal prayer sessions as safe as we can. This includes:
- Sanitising hands
- 2m physical distancing
- Face masks are mandatory
We advise that people with Covid symptoms stay at home, as well as those who need to continue shielding. We hope that many of the congregation will feel confident enough to come into church for personal prayer on Wednesday mornings, but if not, you can also tune in to Morning Prayer on our YouTube channel every Tuesday morning from 8am.
Don’t forget that many of our regular church groups are now meeting online. These include our Meditation Group, Faith Chat Group, Junior Choir, Choir, Young Adults, Book Group and Saturday Cafe. Some of these groups will continue to meet throughout the summer. For more information about any of the above, please click here.
Join us on YouTube most Sundays for our worship services and Tuesday mornings for prayer.
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name.
Your Kingdom come, your will be done,
on earth as in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
For the kingdom, the power and the glory are yours.
Now and for ever. Amen.
Jesus Feeds the 5000 (Matthew 14:13-21) Bible Story for Children
Children & Young People’s Resources
- Faith at Home – A national Church of England campaign that supports the faith development and pastoral care of children and young people. Click here to find out more.
- Light at Home – Weekly sheets by the Diocese of Leeds to support families at home. Each sheet has a bible story, prayers, something to do together and a challenge. Click here to access these sheets.
- Weekly@ Summer 2020: We’re all in this Together – Weekly lectionary-based children’s resources aimed at 5-11 year olds. Each session includes a theme, Bible story, game, craft activity, songs and a reflection. These resources can be printed out and used at home on a weekly basis by those who wish to do so. Click here to view/download.
- Outdoor / Indoor Summer Challenge – How many challenges can you tick off? Click here to view/download.
- Summertime: 31 Ways to Grow Closer to God as a Family – Part of the Light at Home series by the Diocese of Leeds. Click here to view/download.
- 30 Day Dough Church Challenge / 30 Day Lego Bible Challenge – Click here to view/download.
Other Worship Resources
- Diocese of Leeds with a list of churches who live stream services: https://www.leeds.anglican.org/covid-19/live-streaming
- Church of England: https://www.churchofengland.org/
- Learning to Pray (Church of England): https://www.churchofengland.org/prayer-and-worship/learning-pray
- Sacred Space for online daily prayer: https://www.sacredspace.ie/
- Worship in and with Creation – Resources for Outdoor Worship