On this 5th Sunday of the Easter season, we will hold a Holy Communion service in the church building at 10.30am with Diane Greenwood speaking on the saying of Jesus: I am the vine and my father is the gardener (John 15). Due to Covid restrictions, places at this service will be limited and must be pre-booked by texting: 07960 626938. We will not be putting together an online service this week, so if you are not able to attend church in person, we suggest that you make use of the many other online services available, for example Bradford Cathedral’s live streamed services. Alternatively, you could look back at some of the many services on our YouTube channel from the past year. Alternative online service ideas can be found below, as can a selection of family-friendly downloadable children’s resources on the topic of this week’s theme ‘I am the true vine’.
You are the gardener and we are the branches,
Nurture us with your love,
Prune us where this is needed,
Make us fruitful and strong,
So we can share generously with others.
Grow in us the fruits of the Holy Spirit:
love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,
goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
In Jesus’ name we pray, Amen.
Children & Young People’s Resources
- Worship at Home – A national Church of England resource designed to help families have a short time of worship as a household at home. Click here to find out more.
- Light at Home – Weekly sheets by the Diocese of Leeds to support families at home. Each sheet has a bible story, prayers, something to do together and a challenge. Click here to access these sheets.
- Weekly@ May 2021: Weekly lectionary-based children’s resources aimed at 5-11 year olds. Each session includes a theme, Bible story, game, craft activity, songs and a reflection. These resources can be printed out and used at home on a weekly basis by those who wish to do so. Click here to view/download.
Other Worship Resources
- Church of England weekly online services: https://www.churchofengland.org/
- Diocese of Leeds with a list of churches who live stream services: https://www.leeds.anglican.org/covid-19/live-streaming
- Bradford Cathedral live streamed services: https://www.bradfordcathedral.org/
- Learning to Pray (Church of England): https://www.churchofengland.org/prayer-and-worship/learning-pray
- Sacred Space for online daily prayer: https://www.sacredspace.ie/
- Worship in and with Creation – Resources for Outdoor Worship
- BBC Radio 4 Sunday Worship
- Songs of Praise (BBC1)