This Sunday we will open our church building again for the first time since January. Our Palm Sunday Service with Holy Communion begins in the church grounds at 10.30am, before moving into the church building. Unfortunately, this service is now full. However, we will record the live service and it will be available for all to view on our YouTube channel from around 5pm in the afternoon. The service booklet, which can be used in conjunction with this service, is available to view/download here. Due to Covid restrictions, we have limited places available at our services in church, so pre-booking is essential by texting: 07960626938.
On Palm Sunday we remember that Jesus rode on a donkey and was welcomed into Jerusalem like a king. Everyone was happy and enthusiastic, not fully realising how the events in that week would be unfolding. Palm Sunday marks the start of Holy Week which leads to Good Friday and to Easter. We will have reflections on our YouTube channel every day during Holy Week on the different aspects of the story of Jesus.
Prayer for Palm Sunday
We greet the long awaited King,
who has come to set his people free.
We cry – Hosanna!
Won’t you save us
and set us free
from all that threatens our lives.
Hosanna, set us free!
We shout – Hosanna!
You are our King, our Saviour.
We trust and hope in you,
we give our lives to serve, to pray and love.
Hosanna – praise King Jesus!
Children & Young People’s Resources
- Worship at Home – A national Church of England resource designed to help families have a short time of worship as a household at home. Click here to find out more.
- Light at Home – Weekly sheets by the Diocese of Leeds to support families at home. Each sheet has a bible story, prayers, something to do together and a challenge. Click here to access these sheets.
- Weekly@ January-April 2021: Weekly lectionary-based children’s resources aimed at 5-11 year olds. Each session includes a theme, Bible story, game, craft activity, songs and a reflection. These resources can be printed out and used at home on a weekly basis by those who wish to do so. Click here to view/download.
- #LiveLent God’s Story Our Story – Family Activities. Click here to view/download.
Other Worship Resources
- Diocese of Leeds with a list of churches who live stream services: https://www.leeds.anglican.org/covid-19/live-streaming
- Church of England weekly online services: https://www.churchofengland.org/
- Learning to Pray (Church of England): https://www.churchofengland.org/prayer-and-worship/learning-pray
- Sacred Space for online daily prayer: https://www.sacredspace.ie/
- Worship in and with Creation – Resources for Outdoor Worship
- BBC Radio 4 Sunday Worship
- Songs of Praise (BBC1)