This Sunday, we celebrate Harvest Festival at St Paul’s. Our service begins at 10.30am in the church building (doors open from 10am), and will also be live streamed via our YouTube channel (see below). The readings for this service will be: Joel 2: 21-27 and Matthew 6: 25-33, with John Butler leading and Diane Greenwood speaking. The Open the Book team will also be presenting ‘The Parable of the Sower’. Come along and join us or watch online! See below for a selection of family-friendly downloadable children’s resources based on the themes of the service.
you made the goodness of the land,
the riches of the sea
and the rhythm of the seasons;
as we thank you for the harvest,
may we cherish and respect
this planet and its peoples,
through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Children & Young People's Resources
- Worship at Home – A national Church of England resource designed to help families have a short time of worship as a household at home. Click here to find out more.
- Weekly@ September – December 2021: Weekly lectionary-based children’s resources aimed at 5-11 year olds. Each session includes a theme, Bible story, game, craft activity, songs and a reflection. These resources can be printed out and used at home on a weekly basis by those who wish to do so. Click here to view/download.
Other Worship Resources
- Church of England weekly online services: https://www.churchofengland.org/
- Diocese of Leeds with a list of churches who live stream services: https://www.leeds.anglican.org/covid-19/live-streaming
- Bradford Cathedral live streamed services: https://www.bradfordcathedral.org/
- Learning to Pray (Church of England): https://www.churchofengland.org/prayer-and-worship/learning-pray
- Sacred Space for online daily prayer: https://www.sacredspace.ie/
- Worship in and with Creation – Resources for Outdoor Worship
- BBC Radio 4 Sunday Worship
- Songs of Praise (BBC1)