During this Sunday’s Worship Service with Holy Communion, we say farewell to our vicar of the last four years: Henriette Howarth. Places at this service are now fully booked, but the service can be watched live at 10.30am via our YouTube channel (see below). The service will include readings, music, prayers and a talk in which Henriette will be reflecting on her time at St Paul’s.
It has been a wonderful and joyful privilege to serve God at St Paul’s Church here in Shipley over the last four years. It is always hard to say goodbye and to move on, especially when the relationships have been so positive and supportive. I will miss the people and the active engagement with the local community. I want to thank everyone for working together with me and for being such good friends. God is doing beautiful work in this church and through the people who belong to this inclusive church community. My prayer is that you will continue to be a channel of God’s love and peace and will welcome all people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities with open arms. May you continue to contribute positively to the wider community, may you be loving and compassionate, like Jesus, and recognise the face of Jesus in others.
May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind be always at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face; the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of His hand. Amen.
Children & Young People’s Resources
- Worship at Home – A national Church of England resource designed to help families have a short time of worship as a household at home. Click here to find out more.
- Light at Home – Weekly sheets by the Diocese of Leeds to support families at home. Each sheet has a bible story, prayers, something to do together and a challenge. Click here to access these sheets.
- Weekly@ June 2021: Weekly lectionary-based children’s resources aimed at 5-11 year olds. Each session includes a theme, Bible story, game, craft activity, songs and a reflection. These resources can be printed out and used at home on a weekly basis by those who wish to do so. Click here to view/download.
Other Worship Resources
- Church of England weekly online services: https://www.churchofengland.org/
- Diocese of Leeds with a list of churches who live stream services: https://www.leeds.anglican.org/covid-19/live-streaming
- Bradford Cathedral live streamed services: https://www.bradfordcathedral.org/
- Learning to Pray (Church of England): https://www.churchofengland.org/prayer-and-worship/learning-pray
- Sacred Space for online daily prayer: https://www.sacredspace.ie/
- Worship in and with Creation – Resources for Outdoor Worship
- BBC Radio 4 Sunday Worship
- Songs of Praise (BBC1)