Sunday Worship Services
This coming Sunday we will hold our first worship services of 2021. Our Epiphany Service with Holy Communion will be held both in church and online. Epiphany celebrates that Jesus has come for the whole world and we think of the story of the three kings visiting Jesus. Our online service will be available to view on our YouTube channel from 9am on Sunday. Our service in church begins at 10.30am – pre-booking is not required. Sunday Xtra follows a service sheet this week.
Prayer for Epiphany
God our King, the star that led the Magi to the stable announced to the world that its Saviour was born.
Today we live in a world that is still covered by darkness, and still needing to make that journey to the stable door.
May our lives reflect your light day by day, as we seek to serve where you have placed us.
That we might be the means through which others can encounter Jesus Christ.
Children & Young People’s Resources
- Worship at Home – A national Church of England resource designed to help families have a short time of worship as a household at home. Click here to find out more.
- Light at Home – Weekly sheets by the Diocese of Leeds to support families at home. Each sheet has a bible story, prayers, something to do together and a challenge. Click here to access these sheets.
- Weekly@ January-April 2021: Weekly lectionary-based children’s resources aimed at 5-11 year olds. Each session includes a theme, Bible story, game, craft activity, songs and a reflection. These resources can be printed out and used at home on a weekly basis by those who wish to do so. Click here to view/download.
Other Worship Resources
- Diocese of Leeds with a list of churches who live stream services: https://www.leeds.anglican.org/covid-19/live-streaming
- Church of England weekly online services: https://www.churchofengland.org/
- Learning to Pray (Church of England): https://www.churchofengland.org/prayer-and-worship/learning-pray
- Sacred Space for online daily prayer: https://www.sacredspace.ie/
- Worship in and with Creation – Resources for Outdoor Worship
- BBC Radio 4 Sunday Worship
- Songs of Praise (BBC1)