Sunday Coffee and Chat will meet from 11-11.30am this Sunday via Zoom. This Zoom session will then turn into our Sunday Xtra service at 11.30am. Both will take place using the same Zoom meeting, so feel free to join us any time from 11am and leave whenever you wish. Your hosts will be John Butler and Mark Allison. Please email: email@example.com for details of how to join.
There will be no pre-recorded worship service on our YouTube channel this Sunday (although you can still watch some of our older services and contributions on YouTube), nor will there be a service held in church. Instead, as on previous occasions, we encourage you to explore other online church services this week, details of which can be found below.
The following list is not a prescriptive one of course – just use these suggestions as a guide for your own explorations! Click on the links to find out more…
- BBC Radio 4 Sunday Worship – 8.10am
- Church of England Weekly Online Services – 9am
- Songs of Praise (BBC1) – 1.15pm
- Diocese of Leeds – The Diocese of Leeds gives an extensive list of churches (with links) who are live streaming their services on their website, some of which are listed below (click on the links):
Local Online Services
- Parish of Girlington, Heaton and Manningham – 10.30am
- Bradford Cathedral – 10am
- St Peter’s Shipley – 6.30pm
- Fountains Church Bradford – 4.30pm
Further Afield Online Services
Open for Prayer
The church building is now open for personal prayer on Wednesdays from 10-11.30am. People are welcome to come and sit quietly in the church space to reflect, pray, read and meditate. We will also make some prayer sheets available for personal use. There will be a team coordinated by our wardens, Anne Luxton and Matt Stoney, to give guidance as you arrive. You are welcome to come for the whole time or just pop in for a few minutes.
We will be following all the government and diocesan guidelines to make our personal prayer sessions as safe as we can. This includes:
- Sanitising hands
- 2m physical distancing
- Face masks are mandatory
We advise that people with Covid symptoms stay at home, as well as those who need to continue shielding. We hope that many of the congregation will feel confident enough to come into church for personal prayer on Wednesday mornings, but if not, you can also tune in to Morning Prayer on our YouTube channel every Tuesday morning from 8am.
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name.
Your Kingdom come, your will be done,
on earth as in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
For the kingdom, the power and the glory are yours.
Now and for ever.
God of glory,
the end of our searching,
help us to lay aside
all that prevents us from
seeking your kingdom
and to give all that we have
to gain the pearl beyond all price,
through our Saviour Jesus
Other Worship Resources
- Diocese of Leeds with a list of churches who live stream services: https://www.leeds.anglican.org/covid-19/live-streaming
- Church of England: https://www.churchofengland.org/
- Learning to Pray (Church of England): https://www.churchofengland.org/prayer-and-worship/learning-pray
- Sacred Space for online daily prayer: https://www.sacredspace.ie/
- Worship in and with Creation – Resources for Outdoor Worship
Children & Young People’s Resources
- Worship at Home – A national Church of England resource designed to help families have a short time of worship as a household at home. Click here to find out more.
- Light at Home – Weekly sheets by the Diocese of Leeds to support families at home. Each sheet has a bible story, prayers, something to do together and a challenge. Click here to access these sheets.
- Weekly@ Summer 2020: We’re all in this Together – Weekly lectionary-based children’s resources aimed at 5-11 year olds. Each session includes a theme, Bible story, game, craft activity, songs and a reflection. These resources can be printed out and used at home on a weekly basis by those who wish to do so. Click here to view/download.
- Outdoor / Indoor Summer Challenge – How many challenges can you tick off? Click here to view/download.
- Summertime: 31 Ways to Grow Closer to God as a Family – Part of the Light at Home series by the Diocese of Leeds. Click here to view/download.
- 30 Day Dough Church Challenge / 30 Day Lego Bible Challenge – Click here to view/download.