This Sunday, for the first time since lockdown began, there won’t be a St Paul’s worship service on our YouTube channel (although you can still watch some of our older services and contributions on YouTube). We would like to encourage you all to explore the world wide web and join some other churches around the UK or even further afield. This would give you all the opportunity to worship, learn and broaden your horizons. You will find a list of links to other online church services and resources at the end of this blogpost.
Service Feedback Session
On Sunday afternoon at 2.30pm, we will be hosting a Zoom Service Feedback Session, to which you are invited to attend. This will be a social church gathering for you to share your experiences of exploring other church services, as well as your thoughts on our own online services here at St Paul’s, with other church members. John Butler will be your host! Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for details of how to join.
The following list is not a prescriptive one of course – just use these suggestions as a guide for your own explorations! Click on the links to find out more…
- BBC One Sunday Worship – 11.45am
- BBC Radio 4 Sunday Worship – 8.10am
- Church of England Weekly Online Services – 9am
- Diocese of Leeds – The Diocese of Leeds gives an extensive list of churches (with links) who are live streaming their services on their website, some of which are listed below (click on the links):
Local Online Services
- Parish of Girlington, Heaton and Manningham – 10.30am
- Bradford Cathedral – 10am
- St Peter’s Shipley – 6.30pm
- Fountains Church Bradford – 4.30pm
Further Afield Online Services
Children & Young People’s Resources
- Weekly@ are lectionary based children’s resources aimed at 5-11 year olds. These resources can be printed out and used at home on a weekly basis by those who wish to do so. This Sunday’s theme is Worth More.
- Faith at Home – A national Church of England campaign that supports the faith development and pastoral care of children and young people. Click here to find out more.
- Light at Home – Weekly sheets by the Diocese of Leeds to support families at home. Each sheet has a bible story, prayers, something to do together and a challenge. Click here for this week’s sheet.
Other Worship Resources
- Diocese of Leeds with a list of churches who live stream services: https://www.leeds.anglican.org/covid-19/live-streaming
- Church of England: https://www.churchofengland.org/
- Learning to Pray (Church of England): https://www.churchofengland.org/prayer-and-worship/learning-pray
- Sacred Space for online daily prayer: https://www.sacredspace.ie/
- Worship in and with Creation – Resources for Outdoor Worship