All Saints Day is an important festival in the church calendar. It is when we celebrate that we are part of a large community of people from all times and places. At this time, we don’t necessarily think of the well known and famous saints, but of the ordinary people who reflect God’s beauty and glory. We also remember the people whom we love but who have passed away. We invited members of the congregation and the community to send in the names and photos of people that they wanted to remember on All Saints Day this year, and we will do this together in both our online and on-site services.
Our online service will be available to view on our YouTube channel from 9am on Sunday morning. The service sheet, which can be used in conjunction with this service, is available to view/download here. Our service in the church building will begin at 10.30am (doors open from 10.15am). We expect that a few more people than usual will come to the service in our building this Sunday, however we cannot safely hold more than 50 people. We would hate to turn people away and, so far, we haven’t had to do this. However, if we do, please understand that we are following Government and diocesan guidelines and are doing everything we can to be a Covid-secure space. Remember to dress up warm! If you are not well, please stay at home and don’t put yourself and others at risk. Sunday Xtra also celebrates All Saints Day and the service sheet for this service is available to view / download here.
Thank you for all those beautiful people
who have shaped our lives,
but whom we no longer see.
Help us to remember them well,
and trust that they are at peace with you.
Children & Young People’s Resources
- Worship at Home – A national Church of England resource designed to help families have a short time of worship as a household at home. Click here to find out more.
- Light at Home – Weekly sheets by the Diocese of Leeds to support families at home. Each sheet has a bible story, prayers, something to do together and a challenge. Click here to access these sheets.
- Weekly@ November 2020: Weekly lectionary-based children’s resources aimed at 5-11 year olds. Each session includes a theme, Bible story, game, craft activity, songs and a reflection. These resources can be printed out and used at home on a weekly basis by those who wish to do so. Click here to view/download.
Other Worship Resources
- Diocese of Leeds with a list of churches who live stream services: https://www.leeds.anglican.org/covid-19/live-streaming
- Church of England weekly online services: https://www.churchofengland.org/
- Learning to Pray (Church of England): https://www.churchofengland.org/prayer-and-worship/learning-pray
- Sacred Space for online daily prayer: https://www.sacredspace.ie/
- Worship in and with Creation – Resources for Outdoor Worship
- BBC Radio 4 Sunday Worship
- Songs of Praise (BBC1)