St Paul’s Church is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This commitment is shared by our clergy, leaders and all of our volunteers. Our safeguarding policy statement can be found here, and the Church of England’s Safeguarding Policy Statement for Children, Young People and Adults ‘Promoting a Safer Church’, which underpins our safeguarding work, can be found here.
St Paul’s Church & Diocesan Safeguarding Contacts:
- St Paul’s Church Safeguarding Officer – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diocesan Safeguarding Team – 0113 3530259
If you are concerned about the safety and welfare of a child, young person or adult, you should contact the relevant local social services team. In the Bradford District, the details are as follows:
- Children’s Social Care Initial Contact Point – 01274 437500
- Safeguarding Adults Team – 01274 431077
- Social Services Emergency Duty Team (Out of Hours) – 01274 431010
If you believe a child, young person or adult to be at immediate risk of significant harm, you should contact the police on 999.
Further support and information is available as follows:
- NSPCC – Helpline for adults concerned about a child – 0808 800 5000 or visit: www.nspcc.org.uk
- Childline – Helpline for children and young people – 0800 1111 or visit: www.childline.org.uk
- Action on Elder Abuse Helpline – 0808 808 8141 or visit: www.elderabuse.org.uk
- National Domestic Violence Helpline – 0808 2000 247 or visit: www.nationaldomesticviolencehelpline.org.uk